Korver

Korver
Korver in support of D-Will

D-Will a changed man

D-Will a changed man
D-Will right before his baptism

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Divine

Perhaps the most influential and well-known man of the 20th century once said, "It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge." This man is perhaps the most infamous man in modern history his name, Adolf Hitler. As "off" as Hitler was I think that he might have something here. I have recently been looking at faith as an enabler, and when one of my good friends called me yesterday and told me of a man that was willing to change his life the idea of the empowerment of faith transformed into a great reality.
One of my best friends called me the other day with some news that I could only describe as miraculous. I had been attributing the recent success of the Utah Jazz to a lot of things, but perhaps I was missing the mark. I saw that the team chemistry was at an inexplicable high. I saw that our players were shooting a ridiculous percentage from the field, and I was completely appalled when Mr. Sundiata Gaines hit that ridiculous game-winner against Cleveland last week. Why are these things happening? Is it just our time? Have we just begun inexplicably gelling for no apparent reason? Is Kyle Korver shooting 56% from beyond the arc just because he's that good of a shooter? I didn't understand it, but I didn't care. I was just ecstatic it was happening. Little did I know that this was all divine intervention, and as Mr. Hitler said it is harder to fight against faith than knowledge; or in this case faith than skill. My friend informed me that at the Bible study that she had attended (just before the jazz went on this tear) that a man had decided to be baptized. She said that everyone there was super excited, and that she had no idea who the man would be. They studied for a little while, and then walked to the jacuzzi where the baptism would take place. Low and behold she walked outside and who was sitting in the jacuzzi tub waiting for rebirth?.......Deron Williams. That is right, Deron Williams was getting baptized. Was D-Will alone in his time of submission to the Father? Of course not, his teammate Kyle Korver was there encouraging him. Is it interesting that Korver's numbers have been off the charts, not now that you understand why. That is right, Deron Williams and Kyle Korver understood the importance of the divine, and decided that they needed to change. Was this a good idea? The numbers speak for themselves. We haven't seen the Jazz playing this well in a long time. This is the first time ever that the Jazz have spent multiple days atop the Hollinger Power Rankings, so can we rule out the divine being the reason for this recent surge?.....I don't think we can. D-Will, Korver, and the Jazz we want to thank you for doing everything in your power to make us not only relevant but dangerous. Is there a team in the NBA that wants to come to Utah? Not right now I can promise you that.
Let us not turn our backs on the divine, let us remember that it is still relevant, let us thank God and "he will uphold us." "If he is with us who is against us?" We are so much harder to beat with him on our side: D-Will knows this, Korver knows this, and even Hitler understood this. We are appreciative of these simple truths. Let us not forget the divine in these times.

7 comments:

  1. I agree....through him all things are possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post NBA championship documentary title "Angels in the Arena!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cass wanted me to tell you she says "good shiz"

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Wake up and give your day to God"

    Angela Shelton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been watching this dude ball for years, now he's a disciple, welcome to the Kingdom brother

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kyle Korver has always been religious. His Dad is a pastor and KK has been known for his religious values. He donates most of his money to different charities. There was a great article in the Salt Lake Tribune when he was first traded to the Jazz, definitely worth finding.

    I think its a bit silly to say God is helping him shoot 3 pointers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great news! If anyone knows D-will personally or SKYNOSKI, please have them call me. I mentor a teen who is one of the top 10 bballers in the nation and will soon be in the NBA. He needs an NBA mentor who is a baptized disciple. Please contact Bright at 904-885-1015 for any help. Hope and a prayer!

    ReplyDelete