Korver

Korver
Korver in support of D-Will

D-Will a changed man

D-Will a changed man
D-Will right before his baptism

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Pursuit of Happyness

It's official, I am Will Smith. Let's forget that he s black and I'm white. We shouldn't mention that he is 6'2 and that I'm not an inch over 5'9. Please don't bring up that he is a multi-millionaire and award winning actor and rapper, and that the only acting I have done is to convince my dad to give me money. Well, that isn't completely true, I was in the Disney channel original movie "Minutemen," however, my performance was forgettable to say the least. And probably the least important thing to remember is that girls swoon over him; whereas, I have to soak myself in ground beef just to get dogs to want to hang around with me. Can we please cast all those things to the side, and talk about our unprecedented similarity? The other night while trying to fall asleep on my couch I began watching "The Pursuit of Happyness." I was sucked into the story, I could not fall asleep until I finished the film. To Paraphrase, basically the protagonist's life sucks and continues to suck and then sucks some more. There are some minor, moral victories here and there, but it all culminates in the end when he achieves ultimate success. Alright, I'll answer the question that everyone is asking, yes, I cried. I shed exactly three tears: one while watching the movie, and the other two when I realized how big of a wimp I really am.
Well, that brings us to today when I connected with Will Smith on a whole new level. This morning started as a normal day, everything seemed to be in order. I had my roommates, I had CaBooze, and I seemed to be doing alright in my other endeavors; then I jumped into the shower, which decided at the least opportune moment to run out of hot water. Not only are cold showers uncomfortable, they are a real shot to the ego; the physical toll was nothing compared to the emotional toll that it took on me. Well, after a pep talk I was able to convince myself that the water was just really really cold, I mean ICE COLD and I was able to continue my day. Can you guess what happened next? That's right, I ran into curly headed eff, and as if this wasn't enough he now thinks that we are on terms where we have to give the nod when we see each other. This in and of itself isn't that bad, but the fact that it is a step away from him becoming a real person with a real name was too much for me to handle in my fragile state. It was a crushing blow, I think the coldest shower in the world could have made me feel better after that. I came back home, and I fell face first into my couch. I was defeated, however, like Will Smith I decided to get back out there and keep going. I remembered that today was the kick-off to my intramural basketball season, and if there is one thing that can make me feel better it is intramural sports right?...... You guessed it, we got absolutely rolled. I'm pretty sure the other team gave me the "suck it" sign after the game. I couldn't go on, I wanted to crawl into a hole. This is the part of the movie when Will Smith would give up if it was just him, but he realizes that he needs to keep at it for his son. I shook off the loss because I knew that the Jazz would need me to be on my A game if we were going to break our six game losing streak in Portland. The game started and the Jazz were on a roll. CaBooze, D-Will, Lenko, and the boys were handling business. We jumped out to a 36-16 first quarter lead. We continued to dominate the game into the second quarter, and then it happened....CaBooze was limping towards the locker room. Right in that moment Portland began to make a run of its own. Could this be the worst thing to ever happen? I was a man in shambles. I looked around me, I saw Grub, Thighs, Willis, Uncle Steve, Nate-Dogg, Jorgito, J-Russ and the Robchibald; but I was alone. I never knew that I could experience physical pain from simply watching a basketball game. Just as I was about to lose myself completely I saw Korver hit a three ball from the corner of my eye. The Jazz rallied, and kept their lead. The losing streak in Portland was snapped, and D-Will is one game away from being able to shave his beard. I quote, "This, this right here, this is happiness." When life was letting me down the Jazz were there to pick me up. Our prayers go out to you CaBooze, and we hope that this is nothing serious. We love you.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure I was there too you fag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sky. You start a blog and I have to find out through facebook?

    I thought we were better friends than that :(

    ReplyDelete